Neil Larson

Default Help in picking a bandsaw

I need to upgrade my bandsaw. I have an old Sears 12". It has been working
fine for about 10 years but now I need to do some resawing. I found a local
source for some real nice white and red oak and some cherry on 5/4 and 6/4
at 7" to 9" inches wide. The sears is too underpowered and too small.

So, I am looking at the Jet WBS-14CS and the Delta 28-206. Both are 1HP and
have similar specs except the delta has 2 speeds. Both are $549.99 at
woodcraft and money is a concern. I figure to add a riser to which ever I
buy.

Any opinions or experience with either of these saws with the riser
installed?

Thanks

Nitromaster