That's the one I missed Barry. It was more money and size than I
_really_ needed, but after thinking it over for a couple of days I
figured... somehow get it. I was also emailing the fellow and
unfortunately the time lag between emails being read and answered was
my problem. I had left him my cell number, but had no way to reach
him other than email. In hindsight, it was a sweet deal.

I have a 10% off coupon for Lowes that I have to use before 2/15 so I
_could_ save about $30 on the 12" Hitachi and buy brand-new. Even the
Saw Store, our local Delta dealer, admits that Hitachi is one of the
few companies that actually makes a very good product and backs it up
with a excellent parts network.

BTW, has anyone ever "customized" a band saw by taking a (maybe even
slightly bigger) cast iron table and mounting it to a saw that had an
aluminum table? I see so many used sears BS with aluminum tables and
once in a while I see cast iron tables being sold as parts.

Mike

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:09:14 GMT, Ba r r y
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:41:08 -0500, wrote:

If there's anyone in the Hartford/Springfield area looking to sell a
BS and move up to something bigger/better, post a follow up here.

There was a Delta 14" listed a few weeks back, located in the
Springfield, MA, area. Start a thread with a descriptive subject and
the seller may find you.

Barry