Salad Dodger

Default Mid position valve question.

Came home last night to a cold house. No joy from the boiler.

Got someone from Yellow Pages, and they spent 2 hours today, claimed
it was the valve, not the boiler.

Chappie has removed the electrical box, to get a new one, and
cross-connected some wires in the meantime.

Has take £150 already, and reckons on another £150 when he returns.

Would I be better off telling him to poke it, and get one of these
valve units myself? - They're £60 new, not £120 as quoted by the
fitter. Their T&C allows for this mark-up.

Will the lack of CH be just down to a faulty valve, or is more
involved?

Boiler is a GlowWorm Economy Plus EP50F, and the valve is a
"Individual V4073A 1039 22mm mid position valve" in the airing
cupboard.

As I say, he didn't attempt to change the valve, just the control
box/motor thing.

All assistance gratefully received, before I get on the 'phone
tomorrow, and become a bit "shouty".