mike ring

"John Borrman" wrote in
:

Yes, and if your back boxes haven't got an earth terminal they need
replacing.

Would it suffice under IEE regs as Andrew recomended to crimp a earth
wire to ring and connect this to the fixing screw? Its just that all
walls have been plastered and painted now.... cant face replacing all
the face plates.

I'm not an expert, and I may have misunderstood his post, I took it to mean
that a good earth to the faceplate was enough.

But looking back, if he meant fabricate a good earth to the box, and
continue it to the faceplate, I'm sure that's ok.

(Can't see his post any more, me reader's thrown a wobbly, I must have hit
a wrong key by accident)

pikey mike