IMM

Default Methods of cooling a room

"David Hearn" wrote in message

"IMM" wrote in message

snip

Don't bother with a./c units in the UK climate. Just enjoy the nice

weather
as it comes along, so infrequently.

To cool a room, not freeze it, have some sort of forced ventilation

bring
in
cooler air from the north side. Heavily insulate the loft. use radiant
barrier in the loft to as this reflects heat back out from the tiles.

Your last suggestion sounds quite a good idea actually. Our roof is

unlined
and very dusty (I think due to it being unlined). I've wondered about
whether we could put something on the underside of the roof to stop all

the
dust etc coming from the tiles (which is where it seems to be coming

from).
If we put something reflective (on both sides?) onto the underside of the
roof this may both stop the heat coming into the loft, and also stop some

of
the dust (so we may be able to use it for storage!).

Now - what would you suggest to put on the underside of the roof? I
wouldn't want to put anything which may cause problems (damp etc) and I'd
not want to do anything which a surveyor in the future may take issue with
(though they'll probably take issue with anything!)

Heavy dust on radiant barrier reduces its effectiveness. Plug the holes
first.

---