DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Jon Haugsand wrote:
* DoN. Nichols

http://www2.d-and-d.com/misc/NUTS/acorn-nuts.jpg

P.S. Out of curiosity -- now that you have images, what is the term
for them in Norway? And what newsgroup are you following this
in? I'm in rec.crafts.metalworking, which explains why I am
familiar with the acorn nuts, and why I happen to have some on
hand to photograph.

Thanks to you and Andy. What they are called in Norway? Frankly, I
don't really know, but I'll check it out. (I really was puzzled
because my dictionary told me that an "acorn" should be an "oak nut",
so what the h... should a "metal oak nut nut of cheap varity" be? :-))

I can see how that would be rather puzzling. The name is
because the rounded end resembles the actual nut, and the hex part for
wrenching it tight (vaguely) resembles the cap which is found on the
acorn.

Anyway, the newsgroup I follow is rec.puzzles.

Thank you. That suggests a background which probably would not
offer you experience with acorn nuts. The woodworkers in the
cross-posting list might know the acorn nuts. The antiques people might
deal with them if they collect old tools and such.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564