JB

Waynemak,

Thanks for the input. Yes, not much time for myself after running around
with the kids, not much money either :-). I am getting lots of advice about
not being fixated on a Bridgeport. I want a good mill that is a bit heavier
than my clausing 8520 and I don't want to buy junk or some unknown brand
that uses non standard tooling. gain, I appreciate your help, it certainly
has enlightened me. Your mill looks nice. Is it American made?

Regards.

Joe...
"Waynemak" wrote in message
You would do well selling your current mill. Here in CT I see the
Bridgeports going for about $2500 in good shape with options, even some
with DRO.
6 kids??? how the hell do you have time to use your machines, I have 2
kids and its hard to find much time. My wife gives me crap about the tools
I bring home too, but I have done some real nice custom work around the
house. My son has some real cool toys that the other kids on the bus can't
buy at walmart. I picked up a Millport with DRO, Kurt vise, Full set of
collets, right angle head (I have no use for the right angle head but it
was with it) and a few other extras. The price was far less than the
Bridgeports in the area. My dad has a mint Bridgeport and it is no
different to run than my millport. here iis a link
www.motherearthrecycling.net/shop/shop.htm

"JB" wrote in message
Hi Guys,

I am strictly a hobbyist who has always loved tools and machinery. I
currently have a SB Heavy 10, Clausing Variable Speed Drill press and a
Clausing 8520 Milling Machine. I also have a ton of woodworking machines
but we'll discuss that at a later date :-).

I am interested in sellin the Clausing Mill and getting a Bridgeport. I
live in Middletown, NJ.

I figure the collective wisdom of this group can guide me to places where
I may find a Bridgeport for a decent price. I would also appreciate any
other comments or advise including what I should check for when looking a
mill. I have a 6 cylinder dodge Dakota but I'm not sure I could
transport a ridgeport with it, so shipping costs must be taken into
account.

Thanks to all in advance for the help.

Joe...