Ed Huntress

"msterspy" wrote in message
Hi All: I was given a tool recently and as far as I can tell it is
called a center finder made in US by Mituyoyo.At least it says it's
made in the US but I can't imagine it would be with that brand name.

Oh, yeah, Mitutoyo has had several US manufacturing operations. The #2
building in Aurora was originally built as a manufacturing facility for
their CMMs.

They also had a very nice and advanced dial-indicator plant in another
suburban Chicago town, back in the mid-'80s. They made almost all of their
worldwide production of dial indicators there. The reason it was in the US
is that the only places in the world where they could sell enough
old-fashioned, clockwork dial indicators to make manufacturing them
worthwhile was the US...and Mexico, and a few African countries we've never
heard of. g The rest of the world was buying digital only by then.

--
Ed Huntress