Lane

It is used in a height gage for measuring hole distances:
from: http://www.mitutoyo.com/catalog/pdf/P-17.pdf
.. Allows quick measurement of center-to-center distance between holes.
.. Measurable hole diameters: .04"-1.49"

"msterspy" wrote in message
Hi All: I was given a tool recently and as far as I can tell it is
called a center finder made in US by Mituyoyo.At least it says it's
made in the US but I can't imagine it would be with that brand name.
I found one on ebay exactly like the one I have.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

I can't for the life of me figure out how this tool would be used or
where I can get any info on it. Is it used on a lathe? Any info on
this is greatly appreciated.