TURTLE

"Clark W. Griswold, Jr." wrote in message
"TURTLE" wrote:

If the fence did not bothered you I would leave it where it is.

This is a really bad idea. I'm not a real estate lawyer, but everything I've
read suggests you would be setting yourself up for a rather nasty case of
adverse possession, especially if it can be shown you knew about the problem
and
did nothing about it.

I would think the minimum you would need is a legal agreement between you and
the neighbor, where he acknowldges the correct property line, and "rents" the
additional land for $1/year or something similar.

If its done with a positive attitude (as in "hey, we've got a problem here.
Rather than force you to change the fenceline, how about this idea?"), the
neighbor shouldn't have any issue with it.

This is Turtle.

I think you making a mountain out of a mole hill. A fence does not state the
servay line or owner ship line in any state of the union. The Deed to the land
has a servey attached to it and it define where the property lines are and who
own what. The Deed describes the land and what you own and the fence is there to
tell everybody the property line is near by this fence line. What your stating
here is where your laying claim to free range land and has no clear owner of the
property to fence off and declair Home Stead rights to it. the fellow next door
has a deed stating property lines and Free Range Home Steading does not apply.

In any city the fence is not the deed to the land. They keep the deeds in the
court house to look at anytime you want. No disrespect here at all but the fence
don't mean squite in who own the land.

TURTLE