Steve Manes

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:08:49 -0600, "PhotoMan"
wrote:

I would like to fasten pressure treated (dry) 1 X 2 furring strips to an
unpainted concrete block wall. Is it acceptable to do so with Liquid Nails?
If so, are there any special precautions/steps to be taken?

I've used Liquid Nails-like construction adhesives, although mostly
polyurethane-based, successfully in this circumstance when I had no
other options. But I usually use concrete nails and a palm nailer to
give the connection better mechanical fastening. The main problem
is that they're surface adhesives. If the surface isn't completely
clean or the wall might have intermittent moisture problems you could
have trouble later.

Steve Manes, Brooklyn, USA
www.magpie.com