Generics may "work", if you consider "work" to be turn on/off, change
volume and channels then you have the wonderful programming every time
the stupid thing is dropped, batteries changed, ect, ect., but if you
want a remote that works correctly, you need the original RCA. Why is
everyone so damn cheap??? Spend $50, get the right remote or throw the
set in the trash and buy a new one. Stupid generic remotes ought to be
outlawed. I only "want" to spend $.25 on a gallon of gas too, but that
ain't gonna happen I'm afraid, I can mix 85% water and 15% gas and make
a $.25 gallon of gas which works better than a generic remote.
wrote:
I take it the RCA universal remotes for around $10 will NOT work with
the RCA TV?
GG