Robatoy

In article ,
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Just in case you haven't had enough in the recent threads about this, here
is more information.

The more wood fibre (carbon) squeezed into a given volume the more BTUs
per given volume.
The fewer contaminants (non carbon components) ie water per given
volume, the more BTUs per given volume.
I'm okay with this so far?
If you put enough 'squeeze' on wood fibres you could even end up with
something that rivals coal.

....but you'd have to deduct the energy used during the
compression/drying stage, no?

I guess it all comes down to getting as much carbon in as small a space
as possible... which is why we like oil.

Biomass energy is pretty much finite, which is why I'm a big fan of
nuclear energy. Windmills are cool too, but some assholes are bitching
that in some places the windmills are knocking birds out of the sky....
they count them and make little notes on rice paper and stick those in
their little fanny packs and suck on some tofu whilst hugging a tree on
their way to their Volvos...

but I digress.

They have this really cool reactor on board Cassini..we all should have
one of those.

Look at the time....

+¿+

Rob