Lobster

Default Curtain rail loose in one hole.. what do I do ?

(Paul) wrote in message . com...

A curtain rail has a top screw that has come out of one of the
holes\rawlplugs.
The others are all secure, but it makes the pole hang out from the top
hole where it is loose, even though the others are holding it.

Can I extract the rawlplug, fill in, Polyfilla the hole, let it set,
and and maybe use a wider rawlplug to grip - or should I take the
whole curtain pole off the wall now, move it along, and redrill ?

How 'loose' is it?
if it's not too bad, as a first attempt I'd be inclined to try
removing the rawlplug, shove some small bits of wood in the hole
(struck matchsticks are good for this) then reinsert the rawlplug and
screw in the screw. The matchsticks will hopefully pack out the extra
space and let the screw bite the rawlplug. Bit of a bodge but it
often works well, especially in a non-critical application like a
curtain rail!

David