Mike Marlow

"Silvan" wrote in message

Well, it's not like I'm ACTUALLY thoughtful. I don't give a rat's ass

about
Valentine's Day, or any of this other touchy feely lovey dovey crap. I
just bought her all this junk because I knew it would make her happy. It
did, but that doesn't mean I'm swooning with passion or anything. I can't
help it that most men are insensitive pricks.

Most men are?

I really feel sorry for
women who are dumped on, and I sincerely wish I could be with each and
every one of them,

Ugh-oh, I think I know where Silvan is really coming from. Best not let the
wife hear you make comments like that...

I'm lucky that SWMBO is a cheap date. I've got a gazillion tools in my
shop, and I think nothing of dropping $100 or much more on something for
me, whenever I happen to be in a position to spare it. When was the last
time I spent $400 on something for her?

Hmmmmm... if you have to ask yourself that question then it's been too long.
Better fix that.

I'm locked away inside my
own head a lot of the time, thinking my own thoughts, and I'm largely
oblivious to all the little mini monumental doings and goings on that her
life revolves around. Who's screwing whom at work, who's pregnant, who's
getting divorced, what color the wall border should be, how the toiletries
are arranged in the salon de crappée...

As it should be. I think you'd find that more people are really that way
than first might appear.

I guess the big joke on all the whiney cashiers in the world is that I

don't
really care much either. I just buy useless crap once in awhile to show I
remembered I was supposed to do that today. Somehow that passes for
sensitivity. Or maybe is *is* sensitivity? Am I sensitive?

No. You're selfish - don't you remember? You just gave all the proof of it
earlier. C'mon man, keep yer eye on the ball.

I have no idea. Probably not exactly sensitive anyway. Oh well, 15 years
and counting, 11 years of connubial bliss and stuff, I guess I'm doing a
good job of faking it anyway. Maybe that's the key to this whole thing.

What is it they say... "fake it 'till ya make it". Don't know if it's true
or not. It just turned 23 years for us and I'm pretty doggoned happy about
that.
--

-Mike-