Greg O

"Siggy" wrote in message
. com...
I think the issue is that you generally don't want to use any type of metal
container for cooking acidic sauces like BBQ sauce, spaghetti sauce, etc.
Supposedly, the tomato sauce will react with the metal container and
"color" its flavor. The recommended container is glass for these types of
sauces. Not sure I've ever been able to taste the "colored" flavor,
however. I guess I don't have a refined palette...

The Mrs. cooked up some lasagna in a aluminum cake pan once. I took one bite
and threw the whole works away. It had a very strong metallic taste.
Greg