Surely this is the answer - or use a slab of expanded polystryene to
insulate the ceiling. I would have thought it far more preferable to
eliminate the condensation than to attacked the problem chemically.

If
nothing else the insualation will last for ever while anytning

'anti-'
will deteriorate with time.

copper lasts many decades - water soluble aspirin wont though.

Having said that - is the aspirin thing true or are you pulling the
collective leg ?

Rob

Sure, aspirin turns into salicylic acid, which kills fungi. I was about
to put brush to wall one time and I thought, hold on, it would only
take a few mins to put something antifungal in here, and thats what I
had to hand. It worked. Safe, effective, very easy, dead cheap, but
probably not long lasting.

NT