Nick Brooks

Default Help with thermostat !!

AK wrote:
"Nick Brooks" wrote in message

Hi Nick

I suggest you unscrew the existing thermostat and peek inside, how many
wires have you actually got in there?

I looked inside the drayton and this is what was inside

Blue wire to N
Red wire to L
Earth (green & yellow) to earth
Yellow wire to a terminal numbered 3

Secondly, what controls when your heating comes on at present as you may
need to consider how it will interact with the CM67?

The boiler has a timer on it but I understand that doesn't matter I just
switch it over from timer to to constant and let the thermostat control it.

Angela

Sorry I didn't read your post carefully enough, and I didn't mean to
sound patronising either :-)

The CM67 is battery powered so won't need the neutral (blue) wire. You
ought to terminate it in an insulated block to make sure it can't touch
anything.

Connect the live to terminal A
Connect the Yellow (switched live) to terminal B

I can't remeber the earthing arrangement for the CM67 but my bet is that
it's double insulated and doesn't need the earth either so connect that
to the metal box in the wall if there is one.

Hope this helps

Nick Brooks