Jeff

"Ian Stirling" wrote in message
Timothy Murphy wrote:
Is there any method (short of divining!)
for determining the course of an underground water supply?
[The outdoor stopcock appears to have been asphalted onver.]

As an aside: why do you want to?;

This is of interest to me as well, because i am going to replace my service
pipe, easy, dig trench, lay pipe, stopcock my end, waterboard connect other
end BUT in the bumph it says that the old lead pipe should be capped so as
to not leave a dead leg. I share a supply at the moment with next doors and
the stop valve is in the pavement a good 20 yards from the corner of my
land, so I guess the pipe tee's somewhere in next doors front garden - how
do I decide where to dig ?

Regards Jeff