B Man

One specific comment - put the live and dead centers in place, and close
line the two up - and MAKE SURE they line up - I've seen some that are out
by 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch.

Finally, I say what I always say about King:

1) Don't count on getting much of a manual. They're often a bad photocopy
of a bad photocopy. Very limited information wise.
2) Make sure your dealer will immediately replace any part that is not
machined correctly - not an unusual thing for King.
3) Assuming none of he above is in effect, you might be getting a good tool
at a very good bargin price.

Brian

"Will" wrote in message
I was thinking about this lathe. Has anyone tried it and got a report on it
they would share?

The King KWL-1016C
http://www.kingcanada.com/Products.htm?CD=29&ID=2385

I am anticipating doing small projects - bowls, turned jewel boxes,
spindles and legs etc. I do not anticipate doing large projects.

Price is usually about $300 CDN - or $245 USD approx. They throw in a set
of turning tools - not great ones but they work.

I know I can get the Jet mini lathe - but would only consider it if it is
so much better that it's worth paying the extra for...

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek