George

"Dorothy and Richard Shelson" wrote in message
Hi all:

I have a Rockwell Beaver 3400 36 inch Lathe. It has a 7/8 14 THD S.A.E.
STD thread in the headstock and I am looking for a Jacobs chuck to go on
that. I have a chuck which goes into the tailstock but that requires me
to push the spinning wood into the stationary drill bit and I would like
to do it the other way around if possible. Is there a way to convert
(adapt) my current chuck to go into the headstock or does anyone know
where I can buy another one that will work?

Can't find that number on the Rockwell/Beaver lathe page at
http://www.acetoolrepair.com/DeltaHt...WoodLathes.htm
Does it have a morse taper in the headstock for use with the driven center?
If so, standard chucks can be purchased for use with the MT. Sounds like a
#1 MT would be the one.
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...330,49238&ap=1