Grant Erwin

I do a fair amount of work on electric guitars. I don't like the idea of
replacing hex head set screws with slotted. I have had to remove many frozen
set screws from guitars and I was always glad I had a solid hex head which
doesn't strip out. The problem with slotted is they strip unless you have a
very precisely matched screwdriver with parallel sides, and such screwdrivers
are hard to come by. However, the set screws should be easy to find from any
industrial supplier. It's your ax, but I wonder what you're going to do when
you have to take the set screw loose and it strips out.

GWE

wrote:

Someone on a guitar forum gave me this site. They even provide free
samples to try !!! McMaster has them but 100 quantity. Here's the
link..
https://secure.microplastics.com/det...rew&fam=screws

Thanks for all your help. Ron