BIGEYE

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

"BIGEYE" wrote in message

Nobody seems to know the answer to this one.
I am considering using 6mm stainless steel as a BBQ plate. I have heard
that you can't use stainless steel for cooking food on a BBQ as SS is
full of nasties.
Can anyone confirm this?
TIA

We here all know the answer, you were just asking a bunch of idiots in the
past.

Stainless steel is a very good material to cook on. Some of the best
cookware and the best grills use it, as well as medical devices, eating
utensils, etc. SS is required for many things in the food processing and
restaurants business because it can be sanitized and has not ill effects
on the food it touches.

GALVANIZED steel, the zinc plated stuff should not be used. Now you can
inform the know-nothings of the past with the true information.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

Thanks guys for the info. I cooked on mild steel plate BBQ's when abroad
with excellent results. However due to our crappy weather in UK the BBQ
won't be used too often.
If I used mild steel here, it would rust up quite quickly.