IMM

Default Methods of cooling a room

"Grunff" wrote in message
IMM wrote:

use radiant barrier in the loft to as this reflects heat back out from

the tiles.

BwahahaHA!

A 'radiant barrier' will do nothing to cool the loft, unless the
roof is made of glass. IR from the sun doesn't penetrate the
roof tile, so the only radiative emission from the roof tile is
a direct function of it's temperature. Since this will never
exceed say 120C, it's negligible. Learn some physics.

Another know-it-all who knows nothing. The Florida Solar Energy Center
says:
"Based on our findings, we recommend that radiant barrier systems be
considered for homes with shingle roofs both in FPC's Home Energy
Improvement program as well as emphasized in FPC's new homes program where
installations would be most cost effective."

Take a look:
http://www.fsec.ucf.edu/bldg/pubs/rbs/

---