Duane Bozarth

Bob wrote:

I think this radon thing is a lot of BS and just a money making scheme for a
few to get rich.
All of a sudden a scare tactic is sent out to everyone. Smoking is the
cancer cause not the so-called radon in homes. I would like to see at least
one case caused by radon in homes.

Certainly smoking is a far greater risk...if you'll follow the links I
posted you'll see a table which lists the estimated differences from
smoking, general population and the Ra-related mortalities from lung
cancer. There is an increase from Ra above the general population but
nowhere near that of the smoking population.

In general, I don't disagree too much, however--I think, like many other
things, it's easy for it to be blown out of proportion and certainly
there are those who use it, like virtually anything else, as an
opportunity.

And, unfortunately, there's no way to pinpoint precisely the cause of
any specific malignancy in any given individual--it's all
epidemiological evidence--as I pointed out in my previous response.