Doug Miller

In article 1108220327.a3176bdeaa77a43ddf6799eb8958adf8@teran ews, "William Deans" wrote:
Greetings,

I think the inspector probably should have said five but said six instead
because he made a mistake or was unsure of the distance. I don't believe he
was giving me an extra foot to be nice or that local code allows for the
extra foot.

I doubt very much that the inspector was unsure of the distance, or made a
mistake -- and you have no basis for supposing that the local code doesn't
allow for the extra foot. As I pointed out in another post, it's very
possible, perhaps likely, that the governing ordinance in your jurisdiction is
an older version of the NEC in which the requirement *is* 6 feet.

--
Regards,