Joseph Meehan

PVR wrote:
We have a Radon problem. A house up the street has 90 picoCuries
(owners emit a slight blue glow at night 'g'). The next in line has
40, the next is 12 and then there is ours, not yet tested.

I have been trying to get info off the 'Net regarding Radon
exposures. So far the best I have obtained refers to a lifetime of
exposure (whatever that means). For example, a lifetime exposure of
10 indicates that 18 people out of a thousand "could" come down with
lung cancer. This is twenty times the probability that we could die
in a house fire.
As indicated this is all based on a lifetime's exposure. What I need
to know is the risk of exposure of a much shorter time, say, two
years.
Does anyone know of a data source(s) where I can search for the info
I want? Also is there another NG I should consult?

Peter

Hint. It sounds like you now have a home with a KNOWN problem. That
means when you go to sell it you will likely be required to disclose that
fact to potential buyers. Check with a local authority or attorney to
verify that.

In any case, it is like cigarette smoking. You can't say how much is
too much, any amount increases the provability. Have it checked and take
appropriate action.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math