bob wrote:
(Eithera) wrote in message

. com...
I have a Saunier Duval ISOFAST 28 E whose pressure varies from

2.4bars
(when on) to 0.4 bars (when off for some time). I have to

frequently
fill in. Sounds like the vessel is packing up. Any idea what is the
normal life of a vessel and what causes its failure? Many thanks in
advance

Hi, If there is no sign anywhere of a leak, remove the boiler cover,
you will see the pump on the left, about 2in to the left of the pump
is a flat red metal expansion vessel. Fitted to it is a "Tyre

Inflater
valve" Press this in with a match, if water comes out it has failed.
You dont have to renew it, as that is a nightmare job, instead obtain
an expansion vessel (1 to 3 L) from plumbCentre and fit it in the
return line near the boiler.
If nothing comes out, use a car foot pump to inflate it to 2 Bar
(25psi)
If that works but only for a few days, replace the "Tyre inflater
valve" (50p from Halfords)
Regards
Bob

Bob

Many thanks for a very helpful reply. I presume that the new vessel
comes fully pressurised. Do I have to do some adjustments after
replacing the vessel@

Kind regards
Eithera