Andy Dee

Rick Hughes wrote:

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message

Is there any method (short of divining!)

Diving works and if it works for you it's free .... I thought this was
garbage ... and one day a guy bent a couple of gas welding rods to an L
shape and showed me how to hold them and it works, I can follow the route of
pipes with water in them, mains cables & underground streams ... I am not
good enough to tell difference though - you need an expert for that.

Rick

Have a go at dowsing, it works for me too. (welding rods 8-10 inches long)
I traced the water main in a friends new house until I found myself
standing on the outdoor stop-cock grid that he hadn't spotted, in the
garden.
Just note that whatever is detected is under your feet rather than
under the rods.

I have also seen our local water authority man using dowsing rods!