Edwin Pawlowski

"Walt Conner" wrote in message
link.net...
Now the question is do I send in the old Craftsman blade in for
sharpening

$15 to have it sharpened.

Would you please tell me where you are talking about sending it to be
sharpened. Does Craftsman have a sharpen service? I wouldn't think Forrest
would fool with a Craftsman blade? I have a Craftsman blade I would like
to have sharpened soon. No good sharpen service here.

Walt Conner

Craftsman does not have a service that I know of, but there are many other
places. Forrest is one, I've use Ridge Carbide
http://www.ridgecarbidetool.com/html/sharpening.htm My DeWalt blade came
back better than new. A 40 tooth blade will cost $12.75 + shipping. I sent
a couple of Feuds along with the DeWalt. Good job on all of them.

Forrest and Ridge are in business to make money. They make and sell new
blades, they sharpen old blades. Yes, they will do your Craftsman as well as
any other brand. Router bits too. As long as the blade was decent to begin
with, have it sharpened. There will always be rough work to be done and
you'd rather use a low cost blade for that.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/