gregg

J T wrote:

Got some powertool info, besides the handtool stuff. Loads of
photos, detailed drawings, information. Several examples of steamboxes,
etc. One thing is doing curved rabbets - with a hammer and chisel.
Most of you guys would want to know how to do it with a router. By the
time you set up to do it with a router, you probably could have done
half a dozen by hand..

I don't know how you'd do it with a router. Since most are curved, the
angle changes along the curve, etc. You have to loft it out, cut the rabbet
with a chisel in particular locations along the rabbet, then 'connect'
them.

I love old books.

While it's still in print, I really like "The Complete Woodworker" edited
by Jones. It was put together aournd the turn of the 20th century so it's
all handtools, but the joint, technique, etc info I think is more than
worth the price of the book. I think it's still in print.

--
Saville

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/backstaffhome.html

Restoration of my 82 year old Herreshoff S-Boat sailboat:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/SBOATrestore.htm

Steambending FAQ with photos:

http://home.comcast.net/~saville/Steambend.htm