George E. Cawthon

Joseph Meehan wrote:
TP wrote:

Putting in a new counter top, on a built in desk. Walls on back
and sides. Old top had a large hole to run wires down to the
computer, power, etc. I would like to leave the top approx. 1 ½
inches away from back wall to easily drop wires down. I’m
looking for some suggestions on a material to fill that gap?
Something like foam or rubber that could easily be slit, and a
wire could be fed thru it. Any suggestions?

Thanks
TP

Go to the insulation section of the DIY store and see what you can find.
Don't overlook the foam used for window air conditioners.

BTW I like William's suggestion. The DIY store may not have it, but a
good builder supply may be able to help

Look at the garage door section. They need to seal things that wide.

The op might also want to look at the formed water pipe
insulation tubes which can be cut any way one desires.
Really handy stuff. I put one between the cab and bed of my
previous pickup to cutout road noise that seemed to rise
directly from the road and into the sliding rear window when
the camper was on.