John Stumbles

Mike Hibbert wrote:
Timothy Murphy wrote:

Is there any method (short of divining!)
for determining the course of an underground water supply?
[The outdoor stopcock appears to have been asphalted onver.]

Give the local water company a call. They may be able to help. We had a
leak (I guess you can tell them you think you hava leak!) and a guy came
out with a long stick with an ear-piece on the end - ll very high tech.
He was able to pin point the leak to within 6 inches, so they should be
able to follow the path of the pipe.
Or try it yourself, it was simply a 4' metal rod, with a 2" disk screwed
to the top, he let me have a listen, amazing how much you could hear.
Press it firm to the ground, best over concrete or hard surface.

If it's the stopcock where the water company service meets your pipework
then I think it's their responsibility and if you tell them you can't
find it they should come out and locate it and make it accessible for you.