Owen Lowe

In article zQ5Od.5097$ds.2202@okepread07,
"Dan Klima" wrote:

I will make the assumption that what is cutting your lower bag is probably
larger wood chips or chunks. What you may want to try is a garbage can lid
separator. They sell for around $35 or there about. The larger chips will
land there and your dust collector bag should collect - umm - dust. The
added benefits will be fewer times you have to wrestle with your lower bag
and the saving of your impeller in the dust collector.

Thank you Dan. I've used a homemade separator for a while when the DC
was in my garage. Just recently I've moved all my turning activities to
a dedicated room in my basement and the separator won't really fit with
everything else at the moment. I'm keeping an eye out for a smaller DC
to hook up to a smaller separate separator or maybe just a blower and
will build my own mini-cyclone/separator unit.

Well my fix of putting the plastic bag inside the metal trash can seems
to be working out very well. It should be fairly easy to empty the bag
too as I can just unhook the bag from the DC, fold it down into the can
and cart the can outside by the handles.

as 100% Americanism." -- Huey P. Long