william_b_noble

I too have a spare CV transformer, at about the current rating you need ,
los angeles area, trade for ???
wrote in message
news
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 07:24:41 -0500, "j.b. miller"
wrote:

Get yourself a Sola 'Constant Voltage Transformer'. I got mine from as

local
company 'cleaning out old junk' and it's good for about 30 Amps! Weighs
about 80 friggin' ponds( think sack of cement as big too!).
probably find them on Ebay, local colleges,electrical test shops,etc.
Any other method of stepup transformers,Variac etc will NOT be regulated
which is what I think you want. Anyone that sells Variacs should

know/have
the Sola

Where are you? I've got 3 old Solas sitting under my workbench.
The buggers run warm, and being old and not perfectly clean they smell
a bit - but if you can get to Waterloo Ontario you can have one for
free.