Grunff

Default Methods of cooling a room

David Hearn wrote:

Your last suggestion sounds quite a good idea actually.

Until you actually stop and think about it.

Our roof is unlined
and very dusty (I think due to it being unlined). I've wondered about
whether we could put something on the underside of the roof to stop all the
dust etc coming from the tiles (which is where it seems to be coming from).
If we put something reflective (on both sides?) onto the underside of the
roof this may both stop the heat coming into the loft, and also stop some of
the dust (so we may be able to use it for storage!).

Dust yes, but heat? No, the only way to reduce heat input from
the tiles is to put thermal insulation under the tiles.

--
Grunff