Charles Middleton

Default Rawl Bolt Questions

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
.uk...
on 24/03/2004, Charles Middleton supposed :

There are two models of the common rawlbolt. One has a projecting
threaded stud, onto which you tigten a nut after slotting the item to
be fixed over it first. The other end of the stud has an integral wedge
shape which forces the wings of the outer sleeve apart to grip the
sides of the hole.

Its the projecting type that I need - however how much "projection" can I
expect to get. I need probably around 6-8cm's.

Are there different sorts that give different amounts of projection?

CM.