Eric Tonks

I have several La-Z-Boy products in my house, and have used their products
for a number of years, including wearing out a couple. During this time I
have learned a number of points that apply to La-Z-Boy and other companies.

1- The company makes many different quality levels of product. These get
different construction and mechanisms.
2- The company makes look-a-like products for the low end retailers, they
look like the higher priced products but sell for less, and are built much
cheaper.
3- I always try to get a high end product and wait for sales and beat down
the sales staff to get a substantial discount (or walk until another day),
don't buy the look-a-likes at the low end retailers, as they are different.
4- Insist on unpacking and inspecting the product on the loading dock if you
are picking it up, or on the delivery truck, and refuse to accept it if you
find anything defective or out of place. Once you take it, it is more
difficult to resolve the problems.
5- Male buyers should seek out a female salesperson, and female buyers
should seek out a male salesperson. You can always get better results and
cooperation if you do that. A woman should always make complaints regarding
colour, dye lots, fit and finish, as it is harder to argue against a woman's
opinion regarding these items. A man should always make complaints regarding
mechanism, construction and operation if he has the ability to analyse these
things to find the fault, as it is harder to argue against hard facts.

" rosie readandpost" wrote in message

: I guess I can't complain because they DID do something about it,
but I guess
: I'm just unhappy with the quality. I always thought you got
quality stuff
: through Lazy Boy. Now it seems like they are just scrimping on the
quality
: and still charging premium prices.
:
:

in my experience, the QUALITY of lazy boy has been declining for the
past couple of years!