George E. Cawthon

Ross Mac wrote:
"Andy Hill" wrote in message

"Mr Fixit eh" wrote:

Is it really necessary to change the batteries in the smoke detector
every six months? I would think once a year would be plenty, if even
that often.

Depends on how often you like to get up in the middle of the night to
track down
that annoying once-a-minute "low battery" beep.

Yeah, sure, once a year is usually fine. Heck, spend some dinero on the
fancy-dancy lithium batteries, and then don't mess with them at all until
the
10-year lifetime of the detector is up.

Why is it that they always chirp in the middle of the night...my experience
too....seems like too much of a coincidence....Ross

It isn't always during the night, it's just that the TV is
on too loud during the day to hear the chirping.