Default Bosch belt sander question

My Bosch 1274DVS sander arrived today, and I'm wondering what the two
threaded holes on the left side of it are for? Are these for attaching
things like a sanding stand or fence? It kind of threw me when I looked at
that side with the bare metal, looks almost like it's missing something. But
the diagrams in the manual show the same thing go I guess that's how it's
supposed to be. But what't that angled channel on the same side for? Also,
mine came with a dustbag that attaches directly to the port with a screw
adjustable pressure ring, without any of the framework pictured in the
manual. It seems like a much cleaner, easier setup than the manual shows.
Any info on any of this?

Tony