OldNick

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 04:16:57 GMT, Richard Ferguson
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:

My spouse does not
really understand how to use the system to best advantage. For example,
if you want to cool the bedroom, you open the bedroom windows and close
all the other windows in the house. She just doesn't grasp that closing
windows in one room cools another room more quickly.

Hehe! I would advise "Buy and airconditioner, then!" but my SWMBO
cannot even handle that. There are all these complex bits, like
louvres that actually make the air cooler near you, and controls for
temperature. I just go by these days and fix it after she has turned
it on. I used to tell her, and we would argue, then I would correct
it, and we would argue. Now I just check it. After 5 years it's right
_most_ of the time.

She is not dumb by any means. She is an uppermiddle level exective.
She has degrees and left high school with good marks. But things are
supposed to be there to _work_, just as they are.

I fly trick kiste ( that typo s why I don't call them stunt kites
G)just to relax from time to time. One time I let my mother have a
go. She managed to stop pounding it into the ground, but then it got
to the top of its flight and she said "What does it do now?".
"Whatever you want. Pull a string gently, and it will go that way" sez
I. "But what does it _do_?". The tone was one of almost panic. IT was
supposed to _do_ something.

She _asked_ to use it after she had seen what it did.....

Real non-PC comment. I reckon the glass ceiling cuts both ways.

I have no doubt that my balls will not end up in my court after this!