IMM

Default Methods of cooling a room

"Julian Fowler" wrote in message
On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:17:53 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

snip

Don't bother with a./c units in the UK climate. Just enjoy the nice

weather
as it comes along, so infrequently.

I'm sure that it'll come as a surprise to you, but just as there some
(many) people who regard Milton Keynes as one of the inner circles of
Dante's hell, there are those for whom 30C/90F temperatures are
anything but "nice".

There is something in what you say. I regard south London a hell. All
those sink estates.

To cool a room, not freeze it, have some sort of forced ventilation bring

in
cooler air from the north side. Heavily insulate the loft. use radiant
barrier in the loft to as this reflects heat back out from the tiles.

... and the relative costs of these options are ...?

I lot cheaper than an a/c that will be used a few days a year, and buttons
to run.

---