G. Morgan

Subject: CO alarms.
Newsgroup: alt.home.repair
= George E. Cawthon = wrote:

But many old smoke
detectors are based on a light sensor and there is no reason
that the circuit wouldn't last for decades. My original
smoke detector still works after nearly 30 years. I've got
another 10 year old smoke detector (ionization type) which
is still so sensitive it goes off every time somebody make
toast.

The bottom line is, the NFPA recommends replacing any smoke detector every ten
years. Unless you have the equipment to test the sensitivity of the unit, you
can NOT be sure it is functioning correctly. In fact, for commercial
applications - they MUST be tested for sensitivity range every year, or be
replaced.

All you cheap *******s:

Replace your smokes if they are over 10 years old.

--

-Graham

Remove the snails to email