Tim S

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 20:25:09 +0000, Tim S wrote:

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:47:30 +0000, Alan wrote:

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:29:30 +0000, Mary Fisher wrote:

"Tim S" wrote in message
news
the pack says overlap by 30cm so hopefully thats easy enough.

My roll of foam didn't say so and I didn't. I would have thought that
the overlap would have caused some uneveness despite the fact its
compressible. However, the manufacturer said do it, so best to go
with the instructions in your case - might be a different foam to the
one I used...

I interpret that as overlapping the boards 30cm from the joins in the
underlay.

Mary

Yes, that makes more sense - the golden rule of laminate flooring: Never
ever line the joints up; horizontally, vertically or any other way ;-

Tim

Thanks for that, a couple of other things I have thought of....

1) There is a couple of uneven floorboards (remember this is only a
small bathroom so I have to negotiate around the pot!!) should I just
plane them till they're resonably level. Please don't say take them up
and refit, it's beyond me.....

Yep - plane them down a bit. You could use that green fibreboard underlay
for laminate as well as the foam. It will give it a bit more tolerence.

prat mode - yes you said bathroom, so adding a fibre sponge wasn;t such
a bright idea slaps self. Use a second sheet of the foam if needs be.
Probably not recommended as such but I had to in my hall - did the job OK.

Tim