Andrew Chesters

John Rumm wrote:
troubleinstore wrote:

that I only get a black & white piceture on the tv. Is this right ? Not
having a s-video connector on the tv I am running it through a scart
adaptor
with s-video connection on.

Your help and commenbts would be much appreciated.

See if the TV has a sepearate logical input for s-video (i.e. look to
see in the number of AV in "channels" is greater than the physical
number of sockets). If it does not have one, then you will need to
modify your s-video lead to convert its output to composite video (aka
CVBS). This is usually a case of just combining the Chroma and Luma
wires together before connecting them to the composite input on the SCART.

You can get two types of adapters fairly easily. S-VID to SCART or
S-VID to COMP VID. Combining the two signals is done with a small value
capacitor, ISTR 10pf.

One other option would be to check that the PC is ouputing the signal as
PAL, not NTSC. Where you'd check I have no idea!

Andrew