You're a group with eclectic interests and maybe someone here can

help
me...or get me started.

My wife teaches computers to grades seven, eight and nine.
As an introduction to viruses, chat room dangers, spyware, malware,
etc., they're about to learn that -- especially on the internet --
things are not alway what they seem.

That is -- they are if we can find enough hoax sites that are

suitable
for young minds. She recalls a couple of sites ... very real

looking
sites for towns that did not exist ... the url's are long lost and
google has not been my friend.

I don;t know any about fake towns. How about a fake University?

http://universityofnigeria.com/

A fake prduct:

http://www.carbonfreediamonds.com/

Any help much appreciated. Any thoughts on what else 11 - 14 year
olds ought to know about the net (their knowledge seems to be a mile
deep (msn) but an inch wide) would also be welcome.

Spamhaus.org has a list of fake "remove me from your spam list"
sites he

http://www.spamhaus.org/removelists.html

And surely you must get frequent phishing emails referring you
to fake webpages set up for identity theft and credit card fraud.
Soem of those can last for weeks if they are hosted by a major
telecomunications company.

I get them every day as well as viruses sent as fake microsoft
update attachments etc.

I can also refer you to some government sites with false information
if you want your students to learn to challenge authority...

--

FF