skcrab

Default Using a planing sled

Built a sled to use with my dewalt planer similar to the one in the last
issue of FWW. Anyway, my question is, what is the best way to use it to
eliminate the bow in a rough board? I'm having pretty good success getting
out the cupping with the concave side down, but with the bow, I can't seem
to reduce it very much.
I am rough cutting the boards to size (30-36") and I have tried positioning
them with the concave side down and shimming the middle and with the concave
side up and shimming the ends?
How should I be doing this? Any other advice or tips?

Thanks!

p.s. I hope to buy a jointer soon, but for now this is the best I can do!