vernon

Try the Olsen blades, dollar for dollar they are really good. they also make
great scroll saw blades. Can sometimes be found at Home Depot.

"mac davis" wrote in message
Well, it took almost a week, but I managed to screw up my 1st bandsaw
blade..

Made a stupid mistake and tried to cut something that wasn't quite
flat-bottomed
without using a fence or jig.. jammed the work and tweaked the new Ridgid
1/2"
blade..

Went to 5 different places in the Fresno/Clovis area and found that almost
NOBODY stocks blades for a 14" (93 1/2"), and the ones that do think that
3/8"
is a massive blade..

Ended up for now with a 1/2" Vermont American from Lowes... (ordered 3
blades
online last night)

I know that the Ridgid that I bought wasn't a "top of the line" blade, but
it
felt better, ran smoother and seemed to cut better than the V.A. blade..

Also, I had to use a sharpening stone on the weld, to keep it from tearing
up
the saw... didn't need to do that with the Ridgid blade..

Of course, one blade does not a test make.. I could have bought either an
exceptional Ridgid blade or a very bad VA blade..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing