One bit of the information is that smart air bags are expected to cost
$173 per car. That must come to 1.x billion dollars per year. What I
don't have is the number of deaths saved by air bags when the person
was wearing a seat belt. I am not even sure there is anyway one can
find out if an air bag saved the life of a person who was wearing a
seat belt.

Dan
Ed Huntress wrote:

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the whole

paragraph.
And while you're at it, look up the number of kids' lives saved,

versus
those that were killed. Also, notice the solution that quickly became
apparent, and that you've identified above. That obviates your

original
complaint.

This information is all available. There's no need to speculate about

it.

--
Ed Huntress