Wild Bill

For a 20A demand from a 20A breaker, you're most likely gonna have other
problems.
Small variacs or small transformers won't be much good.

Any application that requires 20A should never be connected to a standard
household wall receptacle.
Installation practices often vary from insanely wrong to barely adequate,
and device design specifications are questionable, even when the parts are
new.

In case you don't already know, line voltages fluctuate. All 'ya gotta do is
stick a sensitive chart recorder on your supply, and watch it for a week.

If you absolutely need to have 125VAC minimum, you might consider coming
down from 240V (apparently 236 in your case) instead of going up from 118V.

...the most economical, feasable, and most practical method?

What about safe?
Electrocution might not be so bad, but I suppose death by fire is nasty

WB

"Backlash" wrote in message
ink.net...
I have a standard electrical outlet supplied by a 20 amp breaker,

outputting
118 volts. For something being planned, that circuit is needed to output

125
volts at 20 amps capability. Is there a good method for this, and what is
the most economical, feasable, and most practical method? It needs to be
fairly close to the 125 volt figure, as much as practical. Obviously, a
step-up transformer might be the solution, but what about the ability to
find one to output the 125 volts? Is there a practical homebrew buck and
boost method? I've done a decent amount of industrial, automotive, house
wiring and troubleshooting, but I'm a relative newby at this type of

theory,
so be gentle.

Thanks,
RJ